Eindhoven University of Technology: we have permanent positions open for Research Fellows within the department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS).
If you are interested in this position please make sure you arrange the requested steps mentioned in the vacancy before applying.
TU Eindhoven (TU/e) is a mid-size technical university located in the heart of the high-tech industry in the Netherlands, named the Brainport region. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city in the Netherlands, and including suburbs it has about 420,000 inhabitants. TU/e is a highly ranked university both in research and education. Our training and research programs are highly regarded and we foster close relationships with companies, organizations and research institutes in the Brainport region and beyond. Fundamental and applied research are equally valued here. The high rank of the TU/e is due to the impact of its scientific research and also to its scientific copublications with industry. TU/e is a social and inspiring university with a fine culture. You will quickly feel at home, surrounded by people who share your scientific ambitions. The TU/e currently has nine departments, with over 11,000 students in total.
We have permanent positions open for Research Fellows within the department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS). A Research Fellow position is a 12 to 36 months combined research-teaching position. A Research Fellow conducts and publishes scientific research and spends about 25% of her/his time on teaching (e.g. tutorials, practical classes and/or lectures). The research topic is open and can in principle be chosen by the candidate. Current focus areas in M&CS are data science/AI, high-tech-systems, networks, (cyber) security, and computational science. We welcome excellent candidates that can contribute to any of these areas.
- A PhD in mathematics, computer science, or related field completed in the last four years.
- Above average academic qualifications.
- Experience with or affinity for teaching.
- Good communication skills in English, both in speaking and in writing.
- Strong cooperation skills and the ability to work in a team.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A challenging job for 12 to 36 months in a dynamic and ambitious university and a stimulating research environment;
- We offer you support with your professional and personal development;
- A gross salary per month between € 2709 and € 4978 (based on a fulltime appointment), depending on experience and knowledge in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities.
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of the year allowance.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. support in moving expenses, excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus child care, and excellent sports facilities).
- A budget for travel expenses and research costs (max € 10,000 per year).
More information can be obtained from:
About the positions: policy officer Olga Houben, e-mail: o.m.houben[at]tue.nl .
About the employment conditions: HR advisors m.w.v.reth[at]tue.nl and a.d.boekema[at]tue.nl or e-mail: pzwin[at]tue.nl.
- To apply for a Research Fellow position, the following should be arranged beforehand:
- The candidate should have full support from an academic staff member of the department, who is the intended supervisor.
- The candidate should have prepared a written research proposal (max 2 A4), including the proposed duration, that is approved by the anticipated supervisor (or formulated together with the anticipated supervisor).
- The candidate should provide a written motivation for applying for a Research Fellow position (including the motivation for teaching).
- The candidate should provide a detailed curriculum vitae, including teaching experience and an overview of the performance of her/his graduate program (e.g. course grades).
- The candidate should provide the contact details of at least one reference.
If you are interested in this position please make sure you arrange these requested steps before applying.
If you would like to apply, please send us your application by using the 'apply for this job'-button at the top of this page (applications via e-mail will not be accepted). You can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary please combine documents.
Andere Anzeigen des Arbeitgebers
PhD Candidate in Peace Research/Political Science
Seasonal Cleaner, Student Accommodation
St Mary's University Storbritannien
Associate Professor of Vertebrate Biodiversity
Knowledge Exchange Associate
University of Bristol Storbritannien
Biology Research Assistant / Translational Research
University of Basel Basel